Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Lu Xuechao <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 20:47:26 UTC

Only enable compressed storage on broker?

Hi,

I wonder if it is supported to enable compression for storage on brokers
but the producer sends messages uncompressed and consumer receives messages
uncompressed?

thanks.

Re: Only enable compressed storage on broker?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Xuechao,

We do not support decoupling compression from producer to broker side now,
but this feature is part of the client-rewrite project that is being worked
on right now.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Client+Rewrite
#ClientRewrite-ProposedProducerAPI

Guozhang