Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Artur W." <a_...@gazeta.pl> on 2007/09/24 16:24:07 UTC

Global variables

Hi!

Where should I put global variables that are not related to the user but to
the application.
In JSP I've used servletContext.setAttribute

How to do this in Wicket?

Thanks,
Artur

Re: Global variables

Posted by Jonathan Locke <jo...@gmail.com>.

yes, these may belong in your WebApplication subclass.
however, you may want to be careful to separate your
/web/ application from your /application/ (to keep details
of your web tier isolated).  for example, at my work, we
have both a WebApplication subclass that contains a
variety of things related to our web application AND a
separate application class that holds values that are
global to the whole project and have nothing at all to
do with Wicket.  in time, you can end up with multiple
WebApplications, so it's a good idea to think this through.

Re: Global variables

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: Global variables

Posted by Thies Edeling <th...@rrm.net>.