Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/08/05 11:18:25 UTC

FYI - Fw: [webbeans-dev] How does JSF deal with managed beans when Web Beans/299 is present?

my friend Mark Struberg pointed me to this interesting thread:
=> http://markmail.org/thread/ml6l26r7twgab53c

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: FYI - Fw: [webbeans-dev] How does JSF deal with managed beans when Web Beans/299 is present?

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Ah, the incredibly messy JSR-299 issue... About everything about it is done
badly. JSF 2.0 is going to depend on it to support some of the annotation
and conversation scope. While JSR-299 activates conversation only when JSF
is present, lovely circular dependency isn't it? Most of the times I close
my eyes and try to convince myself that JSR-299 does not exist or was done
correctly earlier in Java life so that the various dependencies and
separation of concerns could be correct. Like conversation scope should have
been a custom scope implemented by JSF, this would have resulted in 2
advantages, correct dependency structure, and out-of-the-box conversation
support in JSF.

Anyway, a parameter switch sounds like a good idea.

~ Simon