Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Gopalakrishnan Ramanujam <gr...@cisco.com> on 2001/10/28 21:02:08 UTC

NoSuchMethodException while using Taglibs

I am using the Tag libraries directly from the servlet. I have a form with
dummy bean. I do not want to have a getter and
setter methods for any of the property. I will get the getParameter for
retrieving individual elements from the form. When I tried to call
doStartTag of the HTML Tags , I get NoSuchMethod Exception for HTML Tags
like Choice,ComboBox, radio button etc. They complained saying that there
is no getter method since these elements try to get the initial value. But
for Text box and buttons I am able to do call that directly without the
associated bean for that property.

Is there any way of using these tags directly. In other words is their any
way of setting the initial value for these radio button,check boxes etc.
One way I found out is to extend these html tags and catch the exception
and still process it. This is not a desirable features since we need to
update the sub classes if there are any changes in the tag libraries super
classes.

Thanks
Gopal