Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/29 14:41:07 UTC

release:prepare and plugin in snapshot version

Hello,

To compile the JSP I use the plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:jspc-maven-plugin:1.4.7-SNAPSHOT. I use version
1.4.7-SNAPSHOT and not 1.4.6 to exclude some JSP from compilation
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-8
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-8 . To my knowledge there is no
release for v1.4.7.

I can't make the release of my project. release:prepare detects that the
plugin is in SNAPSHOT (There are still some remaining snapshot
dependencies.: Do you want to resolve them now? (yes / no)), I answer yes or
no, the build fails.

I don't know how to get out. The solution is it to put it in my enterprise
repository plugin version release (v1.4.6.1 for example).

Thank you for your help.

Remy

Re: release:prepare and plugin in snapshot version

Posted by Rémy <re...@gmail.com>.
It's OK. I've to update version in the plugin.xml file in
jspc-maven-plugin-1.4.6-mycompany-1.jar.

Rémy

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
because you did not update the pom before deploying

Posted by Rémy <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/29 Rémy <re...@gmail.com>

> I resolved the problem like this :
>
> Add this ligne in the file .m2/settings.xml :
>  <usePluginRegistry>true</usePluginRegistry>
>
> Create the file .m2/plugin-registry.xml with :
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <pluginRegistry
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/PLUGIN_REGISTRY/1.0.0
> [url]http://maven.apache.org/xsd/plugin-[/url]
> registry-1.0.0.xsd<http://maven.apache.org/xsd/plugin-%5B/url%5D%0Aregistry-1.0.0.xsd>
> "
>    xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/PLUGIN_REGISTRY/1.0.0"
>    xmlns: xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
>  <plugins>
>    <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>      <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>      <useVersion>1.4.7-SNAPSHOT</useVersion>
>      <rejectedVersions>
>        <rejectedVersion>1.4.6</rejectedVersion>
>      </rejectedVersions>
>    </plugin>
>    <plugin>
>      <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
>      <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
>      <useVersion>1.0.1-alpha-1</useVersion>
>    </plugin>
>  </plugins>
> </pluginRegistry>
>
> I delete the version plugin in the pom.xml. Le goal release:prepare is ok.
>
> Is it the best way ?

No

It means you have an irreproducible build.  Release internally a version
with -yourcompanyname-1 as the qualifier, e.g.

1.4.6-yourcompanyname-1

Posted by Rémy <re...@gmail.com>.