Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Mustapha Es-salihe <me...@crim.ca> on 2004/02/18 22:19:13 UTC

Filer is closed

Hi,
 We are using xindice1.1b3 to manage an xml repository for canadian house of commune data. When we run our populator program to store data in the repositoy, we get an XMLDBException after a lot of data insertion.
This is the detail of the exception :
  org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: :Filer is closed
     at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:201)
     at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:318)
     at ca.crim.rap.repository.command.RepositoryXindicePopulator.addElementToCollection(RepositoryXindicePopulator.java:279)
     at ca.crim.rap.repository.command.RepositoryXindicePopulator.addToSgbdx(RepositoryXindicePopulator.java:195)
     at ca.crim.rap.repository.command.RepositoryXindicePopulator.insertDocuments(RepositoryXindicePopulator.java:63)
     at ExecuteRepositoryXindicePopulator.main(ExecuteRepositoryXindicePopulator.java:24)
XMLDBException error code 1
XMLDBException vendor error code 247
Any ideas please?
Mustapha

Re: Filer is closed

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Mustapha Es-salihe wrote:

>The problem went away after  "ulimit -n 8192" on linux server. But I want to
>run xindice/tomcat on Windows XP. why I obtain this exception after a lot of
>program iterations? The same program run correctly by using xindice on linux
>but not xindice on windows. My populator program and xindice/tomcat are
>runing on the same windows xp machine. Why the collection is closed?

Well, back to square one: can you provide a test reproducing this
problem? Take a look at unit tests - one of them might help you with this.

If you can not, can you at least put some breakpoints in and investigate
why / when it's being closed?

Vadim

> My root collection is /db/hansards. I have 365 XML documents, each document
>contains a one day data (a hansard). Each XML document is used to create a
>collection. Each hansard collection contains two subcollections, each one is
>used to store a type of data. example :
> - /db/hansards
>		--hansard-2001-01-30
>					--interventions (between 100 and 250 xml documents)
>					--topics (between 10 and 50 xml documents)
>		--hansard-2001-01-31
>					--interventions (between 100 and 250 xml documents)
>					--topics (between 10 and 50 xml documents)
>
> I use a BTreeFiler for each collection.
>Thanks

<snip/>

RE: Filer is closed