Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Kevin Brown <et...@apache.org> on 2008/01/11 04:21:06 UTC

opensocial-samplecontainer

Hi Cassie,

I'm a little unclear on why this particular bit of code was made into a
feature. Isn't this the actual container javascript, or is this simply the
abstract mapping of a "container" that opensocial needs to function? In the
former case it shouldn't be a feature, but in the latter it should. Also in
the latter case, it seems like this should be <container> code and not
<gadget> code if it is intended to be a feature. Am I missing something
here? This is based mostly on reading the comments rather than any thorough
examination of what the code is doing, so if this is the intended behavior
than perhaps we need to modify the comments.

~Kevin

Re: opensocial-samplecontainer

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Ok, that does sound like it's correct; the terminology is a little awkward
because generally when referring to the "container" we were referring to the
site generating the iframes (igoogle, orkut, etc.)

~Kevin

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
So how opensocial works today is that each instance of a gadget gets its own
opensocial container. This is confusing when added to the gadgets
terminology, but opensocial came up with its container spi first :)

In addition to the "container" code that is stuffed inside the iframe, there
is also code that goes in the parent iframe (the other half of some ifpc
calls). The sample container does not have any of this right now. However, I