Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anthony Mills <py...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/20 23:40:03 UTC

JSP v. XSP (was Re: performance inquiry)

I am not interested in time right now, atleast not ms.  Why else would I
want to use XSP?  I used XSPs for awhile, but I prefer JSP for a few reason,
and right now one doesn't work.  I will consider migrating, as most of my
work is done in classes and XSLT.  The first is:
<jsp:useBean id="login" class="com.pyramid6.util.WebLogin" scope="session"
/>
<jsp:setProperty name="login" property="*" />

This makes it real easy and nice to support sessions and read the request
parameters.

The second one, which doesn't work in beta 1 is:  <jsp:directive.page
errorPage="error.html" />

This will catch exceptions real easy, and display a nice page for me.

Now the only benifit I saw with XSP over JSP is with databases.  I am not
planning on using a database, so this point was lost on me.

JSP is an industry standard right now.  While I am sure XSP is gaining
support, I am tring to stick to established standards.  I am not real
concerned with this, as my files are only about 20 lines long, and I will
have about five of them.

Thanks,

Anthony Mills