Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by James Bombed <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/06 22:24:35 UTC

Advice on working tagged version of Phoenix

Hello fellow subscribers
I am using Avalon for a project.
Two weeks ago I checked out ant built a version of Phoenix and started
coding. Due to a careless 'rm -Rf' i removed it and my blocks.
After much cursing, 6 late nights, an inode scan, some decompiling and a
crash course in CVS I finally am back where I was before that fateful
command.
There is a slight setback, however. The version under the HEAD tag does not
close the connection object, but just hangs. The version under the
with-Avalon-4_0b2 tag consumes memory like Alzheimers disease.
Does anyone know if there are
1. any more tags, or
2. any jar files with the stable version that I started with, or
3. can point me in the right direction to fix the above problems so that I
may make more of a contribution.

Thank you
Bill

Re: Advice on working tagged version of Phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 06:24, James Bombed wrote:
> Hello fellow subscribers
> I am using Avalon for a project.
> Two weeks ago I checked out ant built a version of Phoenix and started
> coding. Due to a careless 'rm -Rf' i removed it and my blocks.
> After much cursing, 6 late nights, an inode scan, some decompiling and a
> crash course in CVS I finally am back where I was before that fateful
> command.

ouch.

> There is a slight setback, however. The version under the HEAD tag does not
> close the connection object, but just hangs.

hmm - try it now. It should work.

> The version under the
> with-Avalon-4_0b2 tag consumes memory like Alzheimers disease.
> Does anyone know if there are
> 1. any more tags, or
> 2. any jar files with the stable version that I started with, or

cvs -q update -D "2001-08-28"

(or insert whatever date you last used)

--
Cheers,