Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "King_Henree@yahoo.com" <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/09 04:29:03 UTC

How do I get Maven to use a different repository?

OS:  Windows 2000 (using Cygwin)
Maven: 1.0-beta-9

I am trying to setup a remote repository, but Maven
does not seem to pay any attention to my <repository>
element in my project.xml file.  Whenever I run "maven
console" I get the following output:

$ maven console

Attempting to download
xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/xdoclet-ejb-module/
jars/xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar]:
java.lang.Exception: Can't get xdoclet-e
jb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.incomplete to
c:\java\apache\maven\maven-1.0-beta-9\repo
sitory\xdoclet-ejb-module\jars\xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.incomplete
WARNING: Failed to download
xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.

My repository element under project.xml is as follows:

  <repository>
    <connection>
scm:cvs:ext:user1@home.com:/home/cvsroot:repository
    </connection>
    <url>
      http://www.home.com/cvs/repository
    </url>
  </repository>

The error message indicates it is trying to download
artifacts from ibiblio.org, but I need it to retrieve
artifacts from my repository at home.com.  How do I
set this up?  Are there more configuration files
besides project.xml that need modification to make
this work?

TIA.

Re: How do I get Maven to use a different repository?

Posted by Alwyn Schoeman <al...@smart.com.ph>.
Seems to me that cvs is not your problem yet. Are you sure your
network connection works? Behind firewall/proxy? Dns working?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:23:48PM +0800, King_Henree@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]
> WARNING: Failed to download
> xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following
> unsatisfied dependencies:
>
> xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
> xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
>
> Total time:  5 seconds
>
> -------------
>
> Does anyone see anything peculiar in this output?  It
> is as if Maven is totally diregarding what I have
> specified as my <connection> element to my repository.
>
> TIA.
>
> --- Alwyn Schoeman <al...@smart.com.ph> wrote:
> > I have found that if I checkout my project using
> > ssh, but my
> > project.xml specify pserver, it will still use the
> > ssh when I do maven
> > cvs related stuff.
> >
> > So I kind of make the connection one in the
> > project.xml what anonymous
> > users will use.
> >
> > I do not know if there are any ramifications of
> > doing this, but I'm
> > still a brave maven newbie up for punishment...
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:45:12AM +0800,
> > King_Henree@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > Either I am missing something obvious, there is a
> > bug
> > > in Maven-1.0-beta-9, or that document is
> > incomplete in
> > > its description on how to setup a remote
> > repository.
> > > Regardless, I have already reviewed that document
> > > multiple times and it does not explain why maven
> > is
> > > attempting to look in ibiblio.org for my
> > repository
> > > where in my project.xml file the repository
> > connection
> > > is specified as follows:
> > >
> > > <repository>
> > >

> <connection>scm:cvs:ext:user1@home.com:/home/cvsroot:repository</connect
> > > ion>
> > >   <url>http://www.home.com/cvs/repository</url>
> > > </repository>
> > >
> > > Does Maven not like the :ext: type of CVS
> > respository
> > > and it only works with :local: or :pserver:?  I
> > know
> > > my CVS setup is correct, because I use it for
> > other
> > > projects.  What else could be wrong?
> > >
> > > TIA.
> > >

> > --
> > Alwyn Schoeman
> > SMART Money Inc.
> >
> > If you're a SMARTY and you're using the better DNS
> > connections, you
> > can access my homepage at
> > http://nevyn.smarties.com.ph/Members/alwyn.
> > The other unlucky ones: http://10.126.136.35/myplone

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > users-help@maven.apache.org

Alwyn Schoeman
SMART Money Inc.

If you're a SMARTY and you're using the better DNS connections, you
can access my homepage at http://nevyn.smarties.com.ph/Members/alwyn.
The other unlucky ones: http://10.126.136.35/myplone

Re: How do I get Maven to use a different repository?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Please read the user's guide on remote repositories.

The <repository> element is not used for the remote repository to download
jars, it is your source code control system repository.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

"King_Henree@yahoo.com" <ki...@yahoo.com> wrote on 09/07/2003
02:23:48 PM:

Posted by "King_Henree@yahoo.com" <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, but the :pserver: option did not work either.
Does anyone else know what may be happening?  I ran it
with debugging turned on and got the following output:

-------------

$ maven -X -p project.xml console

[DEBUG] Adding reference: maven.dependency.classpath
->
C:\java\apache\maven\maven-1.0-beta-9\repository\xdoclet-ejb-module\jars\xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar;C:\java\apache\maven\maven-1.0-beta-9\repository\xdoclet-web-module\jars\xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
[...]
c:\java\apache\maven\maven-1.0-beta-9\repository\xdoclet-web-module\jars\xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar.incomplete
WARNING: Failed to download

Posted by Alwyn Schoeman <al...@smart.com.ph>.

Posted by "King_Henree@yahoo.com" <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks!!!  That did it.  I guess I did misread the
documentation.  It seems that the <repository> element
is for revision control.

Thanks again.

maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,http://our.company.com/maven

Posted by Marc Gemis <ma...@agfa.com>.