Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2016/03/06 03:03:47 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache POI 3.14-final release (RC1)

This vote has passed with 4x PMC +1 votes.

I'll release the artifacts on Sunday evening and
announce the release on the website, when I see the files on maven central.

the new proposed notable changelog is: ...

Common: OPC relation fix for multiple same named ids (#54916)
Common: Update third-party dependencies: commons-logging, commons-codec, xmlsec, bouncycastle
Excel: Allow to set multiple cell style properties at once (#58633)
Excel: Add API for inserting ignored warnings into XSSF sheets.
       This can be used e.g. to suppress 'number stored as text' warnings. (#56892)
Powerpoint:
HSLF: various fixes for parsing and rendering
WMF:  new API for WMF parsing and rendering (for Powerpoint)
XWPF: various fixes for handling paragraphs and tables

The schema updates were already in POI 3.14-beta1 ... therefore I omit the following:
Excel: New version of ooxml-schema and ooxml-security jars to incorporate newer code

Andi

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache POI 3.14-final release (RC1)

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
I agree with Nick. Changes to the OOXML schema jars are a significant change.

Considering why the lite jar was created a metric on the size change of that jar would be helpful as well.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.