Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2011/11/07 15:46:57 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Hello all,

This is a voting thread for Apache Libcloud 0.6.1 release (r1198753).

Release artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/

The only difference between 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 is that this release includes
some last-minute bug fixes in the CloudStack compute driver (some of them
were reported by user "gigimon" on Github, thanks!).

This release includes many improvements and new drivers, but the most
important thing is a brand new DNS API.

DNS API allows users to manage DNS service provided by many different
providers. This release includes a driver for Linode DNS (
http://www.linode.com/features.cfm), Zerigo DNS (http://www.zerigo.com/)
and Rackspace Cloud DNS (
http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/cloud_hosting_products/dns/). In the future
we also plan to expand it (hopefully with your help) and add new drivers
for providers such as Amazon and others.

Other notable changes, bug-fixes and improvements:

Documentation

- New documentation which is available at http://libcloud.apache.org/docs/

General

- SSL certificate validation is now enabled by default. If no CA
certificate files are found on startup, an exception is thrown.

Compute

- new driver for Ninefold.com
- support for OpenStack 1.1 API and many other improvements in the
OpenStack driver
- support for deployment using an SSH key
- Amazon EC2 driver now supports deploy functionality using an SSH key

Storage

- new driver for Google storage (http://code.google.com/apis/storage/)
- new driver for Ninefold.com storage (http://ninefold.com/cloud-storage/)

Full change log can be found at *
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/trunk/CHANGES?revision=1198753&view=markup
*

This release will probably also be the last release in the 0.x series and
the next release will be 1.0.

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Vote closes on Friday November 11, 2011 at 12:00 CEST.

Thanks,
Tomaz

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Posted by Tom Davis <to...@dislocatedday.com>.
On Nov 7, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is a voting thread for Apache Libcloud 0.6.1 release (r1198753).
>
> Release artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/
>
> The only difference between 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 is that this release includes
> some last-minute bug fixes in the CloudStack compute driver (some of them
> were reported by user "gigimon" on Github, thanks!).
>
> This release includes many improvements and new drivers, but the most
> important thing is a brand new DNS API.
>
> DNS API allows users to manage DNS service provided by many different
> providers. This release includes a driver for Linode DNS (
> http://www.linode.com/features.cfm), Zerigo DNS (http://www.zerigo.com/)
> and Rackspace Cloud DNS (
> http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/cloud_hosting_products/dns/). In the future
> we also plan to expand it (hopefully with your help) and add new drivers
> for providers such as Amazon and others.
>
> Other notable changes, bug-fixes and improvements:
>
> Documentation
>
> - New documentation which is available at http://libcloud.apache.org/docs/
>
> General
>
> - SSL certificate validation is now enabled by default. If no CA
> certificate files are found on startup, an exception is thrown.
>
> Compute
>
> - new driver for Ninefold.com
> - support for OpenStack 1.1 API and many other improvements in the
> OpenStack driver
> - support for deployment using an SSH key
> - Amazon EC2 driver now supports deploy functionality using an SSH key
>
> Storage
>
> - new driver for Google storage (http://code.google.com/apis/storage/)
> - new driver for Ninefold.com storage (http://ninefold.com/cloud-storage/)
>
> Full change log can be found at *
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/trunk/CHANGES?revision=1198753&view=markup
> *
>
> This release will probably also be the last release in the 0.x series and
> the next release will be 1.0.
>
> Please test the release and post your votes.
>
> +/- 1
> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1
>
> Vote closes on Friday November 11, 2011 at 12:00 CEST.
>
> Thanks,
> Tomaz

Wow, congrats on the API and all the new changes! Thanks for all the hard work Tomaz—and all the contributors, of course!

+1

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Posted by Charith Madusanka <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

--
Charith
[ UCSC - undergraduate ] && [ Trainee Software Engineer at EUROCENTER DDC* *

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Also an explicit +1 from me.

Posted by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org>.
Looks good here.

[+1] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Jed Smith
jed@jedsmith.org

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

Posted by Caio Romão <ca...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/7 Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>:
<snip>
> Please test the release and post your votes.
>
> +/- 1
> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.1

+1.

Note: I don't use libcloud in production, however I've been playing
with the code always on trunk and seems pretty stable to me.