Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Daniel Farcovich <Da...@amdocs.com> on 2016/05/08 15:10:45 UTC

MultiAxisChartFX and jvsd

Hi,
Is jvsd going to be merged to the main branch anytime soon?
Will MultiAxisChartFX class be replaced by another class which complies with Apache 2.0 license?

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Dor Ben Dov <do...@amdocs.com>.
Antony,
It looks like replacing the javafx is the solution, unless I am missing something ?
Dor

jvsd is not on the near-term roadmap proposed by William last week.  Community contributions are always welcome!

Anthony

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
I don't see the contradiction. MultiAxisChartFX is GPL with class path
exception like the JDK. It cannot be relicensed to Apache 2.0. Per ASF
rules it may not be shipped as part of the binary distribution either. The
library can be downloaded separately, like the JDK, to run the jVSD
application.

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Dor Ben Dov <do...@amdocs.com>.