Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Jerome Cambon <Je...@Sun.COM> on 2008/02/01 15:59:17 UTC

Search in generated pages

Hi,

In our Open Source project (opends.org), we are generating some
documentation from xml files.
Today, the generated files are in HTML format. Our wiki documentation
are pointing on these generated pages.
Using the jspwiki Search feature, is it possible to search in these files ?

If not, is generating wiki format pages would be an alternative ?
In this case, is it possible to "push" in the wiki base the generated
pages ?
Does it imply a wiki server restart ?

thanks
Jerome

Re: Search in generated pages

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@emdev.ru>.
Hello, Jerome.

I see here 2 ways:
1. Implement own SearchProvider - it may be based on LuceneSearchProvider,
used in JspWiki - but include search by generated pages.
2. You can place your generated pages into JspWiki as pages (there is
XHtmlToWiki converter exists in JspWiki. In this case these pages will be
processed by search like any pther pages.

But, then these pages will rendered back to XHTML from Wiki-format - do not
expect to get same html as you had initially

--
With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin

Re: Search in generated pages

Posted by Jerome Cambon <Je...@Sun.COM>.
Any input on this ?

Thanks
Jerome

Posted by Jerome Cambon <Je...@Sun.COM>.
Any input on this ?

Thanks
Jerome

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Jerome Cambon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In our Open Source project (opends.org), we are generating some
> documentation from xml files.
> Today, the generated files are in HTML format. Our wiki documentation
> are pointing on these generated pages.
> Using the jspwiki Search feature, is it possible to search in these files ?

By default JSPWiki uses the Lucene search engine for its indexes. You
would need to locate the Lucene indexer from within the running instance
of JSPWiki (using WikiEngine.getSearchManager() ) and then add the HTML
pages you want indexed to the index, then modify the results so that if
they come from the HTML pages the links work. It isn't currently
supported but it's not terribly difficult to do. Lucene has a rather nice
interface, i.e., it's relatively easy to work with.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record