Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/11 19:28:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer.

Hello,
I configured my Apache Reverse Proxy as a Load Balancer to handle Back-End servers. When a Back-End server stopped, then another one provide service.
How can I do it with Reverse Proxy server itself? When a Reverse Proxy stopped, then another Reverse Proxy provides services?

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer.

Posted by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yes.
I create a load balancer my Apache website, but I'm thinking about my Reverse Proxy itself.

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 04:15:52 PM GMT+3:30, Jim Albert <ji...@netrition.com> wrote:

On 3/15/2021 7:25 AM, Jason Long wrote:
> Thanks.
> Thus, Apache can't help me about it? I need something like Clustering or...
>

> On Monday, March 15, 2021, 02:14:55 AM GMT+3:30, Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Perhaps you are looking to configure orchestration of some kind in
> your infrastructure, but that is probably offtopic here.
>
> El jue, 11 mar 2021 a las 20:29, Jason Long
> (<ha...@yahoo.com.invalid>) escribió:
>> Hello,
>> I configured my Apache Reverse Proxy as a Load Balancer to handle Back-End servers. When a Back-End server stopped, then another one provide service.
>> How can I do it with Reverse Proxy server itself? When a Reverse Proxy stopped, then another Reverse Proxy provides services?
>>
>> Thank you.

I use a WAF/load balancer separate from Apache, but have you looked at:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html
I have no experience with mod_proxy_balancer.

Jim

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer.

Posted by Jim Albert <ji...@netrition.com>.

Posted by Jason Long <ha...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks.
Thus, Apache can't help me about it? I need something like Clustering or...

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 02:14:55 AM GMT+3:30, Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org> wrote:

Perhaps you are looking to configure orchestration of some kind in
your infrastructure, but that is probably offtopic here.

El jue, 11 mar 2021 a las 20:29, Jason Long
(<ha...@yahoo.com.invalid>) escribió:

> Hello,
> I configured my Apache Reverse Proxy as a Load Balancer to handle Back-End servers. When a Back-End server stopped, then another one provide service.
> How can I do it with Reverse Proxy server itself? When a Reverse Proxy stopped, then another Reverse Proxy provides services?
>
> Thank you.

Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project
#httpd help at Freenode

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer.

Posted by Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org>.
Perhaps you are looking to configure orchestration of some kind in
your infrastructure, but that is probably offtopic here.

El jue, 11 mar 2021 a las 20:29, Jason Long
(<ha...@yahoo.com.invalid>) escribió:

> Hello,
> I configured my Apache Reverse Proxy as a Load Balancer to handle Back-End servers. When a Back-End server stopped, then another one provide service.
> How can I do it with Reverse Proxy server itself? When a Reverse Proxy stopped, then another Reverse Proxy provides services?
>
> Thank you.

Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project
#httpd help at Freenode