Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Francois Gosselin <jf...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/31 02:14:26 UTC

Clustering with TxFileContentStore and TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a cluster with two servers. One servers will be used for read-only and the other one
to write and read .  Both servers share the same content store via a network drive.

So far I was able to share the content store but when I share the TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore I get a .def.xml (Access Denied) exception . I've tried to  use a different rootpath and workpath on the second server for the TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore but with this configuration the content store isn't refreshed.

Basically how can I configure two servers with a single file system.

Thanks

/JF

Re: Clustering with TxFileContentStore and TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore

Posted by Mike Murray <as...@gmail.com>.
I wrote a content store for slide that uses the Rings distributed content
system to store content. This is basically a relational database that stores
different rows on different machines and caches rows that are requested
frequently from one of the machines. I am not sure if this is the kind of
thing that would suit your needs, but you are definitely going to need
something other than the standard stores provided by slide because they use
caching and do not always write data to the file system immediately, so
running the app from two different places is definitely going to create
inconsistencies. I suggest describing your setup in more detail so that
someone can suggest an alternative, but my guess is some code will have to
be written to achieve that behavior you are looking for.

-mike