Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/18 14:53:54 UTC

Tapestry DOJO Dialog with JavaScript OFF

Hello All,

I like AJAX implementation in Tapestry not only because it's easy for
people that don't know JavaScript to do the all fancy things, but also
that it might work without Javascript (when Javascript is off). That's
an exceptional feature that no other (as far as I know ) frameworks
can provide.
But, unfortunately not everything is working fine when Javascript is
off, for example Dialog. I can accept that it is not working
completely, because as I can understand it's completely JavaScript
based, but the problem is that when Javascript is off, it is visilble
which is not very good.
May we change Dialog that it will render as invisible by default and
then JS will change the properties?

--
Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: Tapestry DOJO Dialog with JavaScript OFF

Posted by Roberto Ramírez Vique <ro...@gmail.com>.
In fact you can just put your dialog inside a hidden span / div / td ...,
and when JS is on dojo will rewrite and make it visible, when JS is off this
is just not shown.

On 1/18/07, Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I like AJAX implementation in Tapestry not only because it's easy for
> people that don't know JavaScript to do the all fancy things, but also
> that it might work without Javascript (when Javascript is off). That's
> an exceptional feature that no other (as far as I know ) frameworks
> can provide.
> But, unfortunately not everything is working fine when Javascript is
> off, for example Dialog. I can accept that it is not working
> completely, because as I can understand it's completely JavaScript
> based, but the problem is that when Javascript is off, it is visilble
> which is not very good.
> May we change Dialog that it will render as invisible by default and
> then JS will change the properties?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Renat Zubairov