Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/25 17:15:56 UTC

Last call on package reorg and class naming

This is to officially document exactly what is left
for package organization and class/method name changes.

As far as I know, we have to resolve the lifecycle
Executable/Interruptible interfaces, and then we
should be done.

Please, if there is anything else document it in this
thread now, or forever hold your peace.  I want to
get past this stage no later than Friday of next week
so we can focus on the stability and supportability of
the Excalibur components.

RE: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
> Vote:
> make CascadingException/CascadingRuntimeException
> concrete classes.

+1. Seems std java practice, and is sensible as well.

LSD

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> This is to officially document exactly what is left
> for package organization and class/method name changes.
>
> As far as I know, we have to resolve the lifecycle
> Executable/Interruptible interfaces, and then we
> should be done.

Vote:
make CascadingException/CascadingRuntimeException
concrete classes.  The only reason they cannot be
directly instantiated is because they are declared
abstract.  It would be useful at times if you don't
want a directly named Exception....

RE: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@wanadoo.nl>.
> > >VOTE: Should we put these interfaces with the Initializable/Disposable
> > >interfaces?
> > >
> > >I vote +1:
> > >
> > >   org.apache.avalon.activity.Startable
> > >   org.apache.avalon.activity.Suspendable
> >
> > +1
>
> Ok, I just need one more +1, and I will commit the change...

here ya have it:

+1

LSD

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:

> > >Done.
> > >
> > >VOTE: Should we put these interfaces with the Initializable/Disposable
> > >interfaces?
> > >
> > >I vote +1:
> > >
> > >   org.apache.avalon.activity.Startable
> > >   org.apache.avalon.activity.Suspendable
> >
> > +1
>
> Ok, I just need one more +1, and I will commit the change...

Done.

Also Cascading*** have been made concrete classes

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 12:30  25/4/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>> >From Pete:
>>
>> * Resolve Startable/Suspendable (seems like we have???)
>>
>>    Ok.  Will commit VSN
>
>Done.
>
>VOTE: Should we put these interfaces with the Initializable/Disposable
>interfaces?
>
>I vote +1:
>
>   org.apache.avalon.activity.Startable
>   org.apache.avalon.activity.Suspendable

+1

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> >From Pete:
>
> * Resolve Startable/Suspendable (seems like we have???)
>
>    Ok.  Will commit VSN

Done.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> >From Pete:
>
> besides the few changes left (listed below) I think we could go directly to
> stable for avalon.*. For excalibur the only thing that I see as issue is
> Pool and thread.
>
> I did some work with Pool (which affects thread).  It needs to be tested
> though.
>
> * add in URL access for ConfigBuilder

At this point I think this is the only change to be made.  I'll leave
this for Pete :).  Especially since he knows how he wants to use it.

> (I think there was one other thing but my list is not with me atm).

I propose that unless you can think of it by next Friday it'll be a
closed issue.  I think the API looks pretty good right now, and I
don't see anything glaring.

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
>From Pete:

besides the few changes left (listed below) I think we could go directly to
stable for avalon.*. For excalibur the only thing that I see as issue is
Pool and thread.

I did some work with Pool (which affects thread).  It needs to be tested
though.

* add in URL access for ConfigBuilder

   I'll leave this one for now

* Fix COnfiguration.getValuesAsInteger()

   Fixed.

* Resolve Startable/Suspendable (seems like we have???)

   Ok.  Will commit VSN

(I think there was one other thing but my list is not with me atm).

   When you remember it, send it out this way :)

Re: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:

> > As far as I know, we have to resolve the lifecycle
> > Executable/Interruptible interfaces, and then we
> > should be done.
>
> did we change init() -> initializable() then?

Yep.  Peter committed it today.

RE: Last call on package reorg and class naming

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
> As far as I know, we have to resolve the lifecycle
> Executable/Interruptible interfaces, and then we
> should be done.

did we change init() -> initializable() then?

cheers,

LSD