Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrew Patzer <ap...@wi.rr.com> on 2002/01/08 21:09:00 UTC

Modification Manager

I have an application that I need to load test with JMeter. The problem
I am having is that each page generates a unique number that must be
appended to any subsequent requests. I'd like to parse the page, get the
number, then pass it on to the next page. As far as I can tell, the
modification manager and the HTML link parser should do the trick.
However, I have been unsuccessful in using it. Can anyone out there
describe how this is supposed to work (or point me to some documentation)?

Specifically, the page I need to parse has a line similar to the following:

<form action="/abc/xyz/Quote?pcID=9038744" method="post">

I need to grab that pcID number and send it to the next page. I've tried
to use the modification manager and link parser, but cannot get it to
work at all.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew Patzer