Posted to users@maven.apache.org by raja bangaru <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 13:20:15 UTC

Which way of directory structure is bettter?????

My project which is build in ant does'nt use maven standard directory
structure

src/main/java--------   java source files
src/test/java ---------   java test files

Now i want to migrate to maven

Which way of directory structure is bettter?????

moving my files to the above directory structure?
                       OR
change my POM ?

Help me pls

Re: Which way of directory structure is bettter?????

Posted by Mark Sudau Consulting & Software <se...@sudau.net>.
Hi Raja,

to solve the problem of loosing CVS history you can create an new
Version of project and stopp usign the actual CVS module.
Depending on the size of your project this means a more or less long
production stopp as any developer should help elp in moving the projects
source.

After this I think best practise would be using the maven project structure

Mark

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.