Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2006/11/30 18:06:20 UTC

Web site

When we get to the point that we release M1 we should update our web
site, it is
located at http://incubator.apache.org/qpid/.  I would like to link the
wiki from
this site as much as possible. To that end I would like to move some of
the content
around on the wiki to better facilitate that. For example quite a bit of
the doc/FAQ
etc is common between the different clients and brokers, so many just
index/ structuring
work.

In addition I am by no means a web designer, to that end if there are no
objections
I would like to raise a request internally to our design team do a
version 2 of the
web site for us and contribute that back to the project under a JIRA.

If there are other ideas fire away,
Carl.

Re: Web site

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Apologies if there's anything I've misunderstood .....
>
> Imho we should look to export from Confluence to generate static web
> content (see JIRA http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-99), so we
> can keep rework to a minimum on the content for the web site.

yes this is what I would like to do, I would like to create a set of
frames and menus etc that look really good, and then
pull 90% of the content but linking to it from cwiki. This might mean we
need to structure the cwiki stuff a bit better.

So I expect that we will do all the text, but would like to get
professional help to get the look and feel, and portal-ing to
cwiki content working very smoothly.

Carl.

Re: Web site

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.