Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2013/12/19 01:24:34 UTC

draw-performance-graphs.r & jmx-dump.sh

Was getting some feedback on the wiki for performance testing page and was
wondering if it is possible to get performance-graphs.r as a patch?

I think the jmx-dump.sh part of that wiki page should change to
a JmxTool command per an earlier email I saw from Jun when digging around.
I can make that change.

I was thinking of breaking up all the tools in
https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/0.8/core/src/main/scala/kafka/toolsinto
their own wiki pages. Since I am working on that stuff for docs it
would better on the kafka wiki itself so in progress.

If draw-performance-graphs.r can't get in as a patch or link or whatever
let me know I can work on something maybe early next week but would be cool
to have, thanks!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: draw-performance-graphs.r & jmx-dump.sh

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
So draw-performance-graphs.r will be used to draw graphs from the output of
the performance tool? That sounds like a good idea. Documenting all the
tools in a tools wiki will also be useful.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@stevemorin.com>.
Sounds like a good idea to me.