Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Mihalich <jm...@formalogix.com> on 2003/09/26 01:29:42 UTC

Tomcat connector for Apache 2.0.47 ... Please Help

Hi,

               I've installed Apache version 2.0.47, and tomcat version
4.1.27 on a windows xp box.

               I've downloaded the mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll connector, and put it
in the modules directory

            Under apache.

               I configured tomcat to auto generate the mod_jk.conf file.

               All that is working ok.so it seems.

               I then modified the httpd.conf file as follows:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll

AddModule mod_jk.c

JkWorkersFile \Program Files\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\jk\workers.properties

JkLogFile logs\mod_jk.log

JkLogLevel debug

               And added this include, at the end of the file

Include \Program Files\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf

               Now, when I try to start up apache, I'm getting this error:

Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file C:/Program
Files/Apache Gr

oup/Apache2/modules/mod_jk2.dll: No error

               Line 173 is the "LoadModule" line above.

               Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error?  In
the download

            Directory for mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll, it says that this file is only
for Apache 2.0.43.

            I assume that it will work for 2.0.47.or is that the problem
here?  I can't

            Find 2.0.43 to download anymore.

               Also, I'm confused as to why all the other modules in the
modules sub directory

            Have the ".so" extension.  Aren't those unix shared library
objects?  Can they work

            On windows?

               Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

            Thanks,