Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Edivan Santtos <ed...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/31 02:13:43 UTC

Open Office in Solus

There are possibility port Apache Open Office to Solus Project?

Enviado do Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/708C75EB-801A-46CD-B081-D1D9A5417D38@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=ZGV2QG9wZW5vZmZpY2UuYXBhY2hlLm9yZw%3D%3D), o melhor aplicativo de e-mail gratuito para o trabalho

Re: Open Office in Solus

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Solus is a Linux system. Thus the downloadable version from our website
should "work".

However you have to check how Solus can handle rpm or dep packages.

To integrate OpenOffice in the Solus repository it needs someone who
does it.

the minimum knowledge needed to create something that can be handled by
Solus directly is:

# create a package for solus distribution.

# build open office or how you can repackage from deb / rpm to the
package management system Solus uses.

more advanced knowledge you need (depending how far the package should
be integrated into the Solus repo:

# understanding to create patch from trunc and add it to the Solus
Version (advanced)

# coding to fix bugs that are specific to Solus (very advanced)

Alternatively instead of creating a Solus package snap seems to
supported to.

We currently do not look into it but it might be that we move to a
modern generic Linux package in near to mid term future.

Re: Open Office in Solus

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.