Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rajath Shashidhara <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/22 19:40:39 UTC

PropertyChangeListeners

Hello,

I have now completed the implementation of "insert" command.
I was thinking about the propertychangelisteners.

Is it good to store all the properties locally and each time
getPropertyValues is called update all the properties and return only the
requested properties. This way propertyvhangelistenters can be notified at
each getPropertyValues call.

Also,

Unsure about the "update" ucb command?
How does it work in terms of ucb. Because the xcontent example is related
to a mailbox. In this case, we dont keep a local copy to update it. (Not
seen this in any existing ucp).

--
Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics,

Re: PropertyChangeListeners

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/13 7:40 PM, Rajath Shashidhara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have now completed the implementation of "insert" command.
> I was thinking about the propertychangelisteners.
>
> Is it good to store all the properties locally and each time
> getPropertyValues is called update all the properties and return only the
> requested properties. This way propertyvhangelistenters can be notified at
> each getPropertyValues call.
>
> Also,
>
> Unsure about the "update" ucb command?
> How does it work in terms of ucb. Because the xcontent example is related
> to a mailbox. In this case, we dont keep a local copy to update it. (Not
> seen this in any existing ucp).

The UCB interfaces are designed very generic and when you haven't seen
it in any of the existing UCPs it is probably not used and not so
important. I would say you can postpone this for later.

Juergen