Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Campbell <mi...@s1.com> on 2001/04/09 17:56:59 UTC

Tomcat + win 98

I take it from various other posts here that tomcat does indeed work with
Windows '98.  Are there any special things outside the normal stuff
mentioned in the docs to get it working?

I've gotten Tomcat working fine on NT, but at home on my '98 box, it seems
to not be working.  Everything seems to get set up properly according to the
logs, but when I hit: 127.0.0.1:8080, I get a "page not found" error, but
the title displayed in the browser (ie 5.x) says "Invalid Syntax Error".

This ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks

Re: Tomcat + win 98

Posted by Lance Dyas <dr...@dyasdesigns.com>.
Myself as well, it works in win98, I too had problems with
startup.bat... the other
difficulty involved having the right java version on the machine,

Danny Angus wrote:

> it does run on win98, i have it on my laptop, but I only had problems with
> startup.bat, once I cured them it was OK.
>
> you have to put http:// infront of addresses with port numbers, is that it?
> try http://127.0.0.1:8080/  I hope it is !

Dragonlord Garthans - Decision Driven Gaming - Role Play center
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/lancelot/roleplay
Want custom art for your RPG characters?

RE: Tomcat + win 98