Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mark S. Kent" <ma...@vistyx.com> on 2002/05/08 19:00:10 UTC

default page in sitemap

I'm trying to get a "default" page to load when matcher is not specified in
the URL like:
   http://localhost:8080/cocoon/helptest/

In a sub-sitemap in the "helptest" folder, I have:

 <map:pipelines>
  <map:pipeline>

    <map:match pattern="">
      <map:redirect-to uri="index"/>
    </map:match>

    <map:match pattern="index">
      <map:generate type="file" src="index.xml"/>
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="helptest.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize />
    </map:match>

    <map:match pattern="*">
      <map:generate type="file" src="{1}.xml"/>
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="helptest.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize />
    </map:match>

  </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>

However, when I call the above URL, I simply get a listing of the folder
contents... it apparently doesn't "match" the empty string and load the
"index.xml" page as I expect.  What am I doing wrong?

Mark

RE: default page in sitemap

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:mark.kent@vistyx.com]
>
> I'm trying to get a "default" page to load when matcher is not
specified in
> the URL like:
>    http://localhost:8080/cocoon/helptest/
>
> In a sub-sitemap in the "helptest" folder, I have:

>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>
>     <map:match pattern="">
>       <map:redirect-to uri="index"/>
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="index">
>       <map:generate type="file" src="index.xml"/>
>       <map:transform type="xslt" src="helptest.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize />
>     </map:match>
>
>     <map:match pattern="*">
>       <map:generate type="file" src="{1}.xml"/>
>       <map:transform type="xslt" src="helptest.xsl"/>
>       <map:serialize />
>     </map:match>
>
>   </map:pipeline>
>  </map:pipelines>
>
> However, when I call the above URL, I simply get a listing of the
folder
> contents... it apparently doesn't "match" the empty string and load
the
> "index.xml" page as I expect.  What am I doing wrong?

Do you have directory matcher (like pattern="**/") in the parent sitemap
before your map:mount?

Vadim