Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/06/14 14:10:32 UTC

RE: Config: zip-files (dev pls look!)

	Section 9.4 of the Servlet 2.2 spec (page 44) states that
WEB-INF/lib/*.jar is the location for Java Archives and does not mention any
other resources.  Since .zip is not mentioned, if you used them in the lib
folder then you could have a non-compliant webapp, which would make Tomcat a
non-compliant web server, which would violate the whole purpose of a
"Reference" implementation.

	Randy

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
Hmm.. I read the Servlet 2.2 spec today and missed that. Must get more coffee :-)

Thanks
Roland