Posted to user@hive.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2014/02/21 00:47:16 UTC

Is there any monitoring tool available for hiveserver2

Hi,

It might happen that hiveserver2 memory gets exhausted. Similarly there would be many other things to  monitor for hiveserver2.

Is there any monitoring tool available in the market?

I am using EMR, for FYI.

Thanks,
Shouvanik

________________________________

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com

RE: Is there any monitoring tool available for hiveserver2

Posted by sh...@accenture.com.
Sure thing. Thanks Biswajit.

Thanks,
Shouvanik

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.
This one is for monitoring of metastore only. It has to be chaged for
server and monitoring.

Biswa
On 21 Feb 2014 22:44, <sh...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  Thanks Biswajit.
>

> I will try it and let you know.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shouvanik

receipt.

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.
Below is the script that does my graphing of heap (usage|allocated) for
hive.

#!/bin/bash

HIVES_PID=`jps -mlv |grep "org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore"
|awk '{print $1}'`

if [ $HIVES_PID ]; then

jmap -heap $HIVES_PID  |awk '

BEGIN{ gmetric="/usr/bin/gmetric";sum=0}

{

split($1,arr," ")

if(arr[1] == "used") {

sum=sum + $3;

}

if(arr[1] == "MaxHeapSize") {

maxheap=$3;

}

} END {printf "%s -n hive.metastore.current_heap_capacity -v %d -t int8 -d
60 -g HiveHeapstats \n",gmetric, maxheap;printf "%s -n
hive.metastore.current_heap_usage -v %d -t int8 -d 60 -g HiveHeapstats
\n",gmetric, sum;}' |sh

fi

please let me know if it works for you.. Apologies for the delay response..

Thanks
BIswa

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM, <sh...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  That will be great! Thanks in advance.

> Thanks,
>
> Shouvanik

receipt.

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.
I could share the script that does it. I will be able to do it by 12:30 .
Stuck in a meeting till that time.

Regards
Biswa
On 21 Feb 2014 10:02, <sh...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  Hi Biswajit,
>

> Could you give an idea of how to do it, please?

> Thanks,
>
> Shouvanik

receipt.

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.
I have built up a customized script for alerting and monitoring.
Could not find any default way to do it.

Thanks
Biswajit
On 21 Feb 2014 05:17, <sh...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> It might happen that hiveserver2 memory gets exhausted. Similarly there
> would be many other things to  monitor for hiveserver2.
>

> Is there any monitoring tool available in the market?
>

> I am using EMR, for FYI.

> Thanks,
>
> Shouvanik

> original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed
> by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
> including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned
> by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of
> internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

> www.accenture.com

receipt.