Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2013/07/01 10:05:46 UTC

Re: feature proposals after java user group meeting

Hi Reza,

BrowserMap can do both things [2]. It actually relies on several features
of the client to try to establish the device group the client belongs to.
We could for example run a service where BrowserMap does the detection and
the server-side part of the app just stores the detected features
associated to a User-Agent string. :)

We've successfully been using BrowserMap in Adobe CQ / AEM to perform
detection. Therefore I don't know why you'd limit client-side detection
only to "autoplay videos on desktop browsers". BTW, I hate it when websites
do this to me and I don't know which tab started the chaos.

HTH,
Radu

[2] - http://raducotescu.github.io/browsermap/index.html

Posted by Reza Naghibi <re...@yahoo.com>.
Well, my question was more along the lines of what are some of the user cases of knowing the phone features in a browser?

---
Sent from a Blackberry 9900