Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Matus Zamborsky <za...@b-ideas.eu> on 2009/08/25 14:59:27 UTC

Hbase filters

Is anybody using filters when scanning table? I recently created
"(HBASE-1790) filters are not working correctly" and submitted a patch,
but latter I found that stateful filters are still not working. I have
already rewrited the HRegion::nextInternal function and filters(not
submitted patch yet). As I see it, there were more problems.
1. filters are applyed before deleted rows were discarted(so they were
count in when scaning, this is problem for PageFilter)
2. filters like PageFilter reset their state in reset function, but this
function is called in HRegion::nextInternal, so it would be good to
mention in javadoc for Filter::reset, where in the process of filtering
is this method called.
3. last problem is a question, why there is Filter::filterRow called in
HRegion::nextInternal, when it should be called after
Filter::filterKeyValue(KeyValue) which is not called in
HRegion::nextInternal.

So my last question is, is anybody using filters, because their are
seriously not working correctly at all. And if there is someone, which
filter do you use?