Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/04/28 18:52:46 UTC

Configuration

Just a bit of forewarning.

I have a need to use centralized configuration for Flume using Spring Cloud Config. As such I will be making changes to Flumeā€™s configuration which will include:
Support for accessing the configuration via HTTP with Last-Modified checks
Support for detecting configuration changes when notified via Spring Cloud Config/Spring Bus that something has changed.
This requires the separation of the configuration syntax from the configuration protocol.
Due to item 3 I plan to add support for YAML configuration files. The samples I have so far are a bit simpler to read than properties files.

I will be creating a Jira issue for this when I get further along and will, of course, submit it as a patch for our RTC review process. In checking Jira this should also address FLUME-2882 and FLUME-2853.

Ralph