Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rashid Asim <AR...@qinetiq.com> on 2006/03/28 17:58:08 UTC

Apache MyFaces JSF error

Hello

Whilst developing using Apache MyFaces I have come across a problem which I
am trying to troubleshoot. I have had not had any luck at resolving this
issue. I will attempt to describe this:

I am developing using JSF version 1.1 and the application server I am using
to deploy to is BEA WebLogic 9.1

I have a situation where some of my JSF pages occasionally misbehave. For
example, sometimes when I click a <h:commandButton/> (which is located
within a <h:form> tag) the action which the button is wired to is not
executed.

Please note that this glitch happens intermittently with no fixed pattern.
It is also interesting to note that the data which the user has entered
(prior to clicking the button) on the JSF page is also lost and has to be
re-entered again by the user.

Functionally, this is only a minor problem however from a usability
perspective this is a major problem.

I have searched SUN's Java forums and found a useful site at
http://www.jsf-faq.com/faqs/faces-navigation.html#111. Having followed all
the suggestions prescribed on this site, I find that I am still having the
same problem.

I have tried setting the javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD to "client".

Should I update to the next JSF version which is 1.1.01?

Have you experienced a problem such as this in your team? Do you know if
this is a known JSF bug?

Can you please suggest any appropriate actions to remedy this problem? I
would gladly welcome any input from you.

Thanking you in advance,

Asim Rashid

Asim Rashid
Software Engineer & Researcher,

TIM -Trusted Solutions & Services

QinetiQ
Bldg WW Rm B106
Malvern Technology Centre
St. Andrews Road, Malvern
Worcestershire, WR14 3PS

Tel:

01684 895019

Email:

arashid@QinetiQ.com

Mobile:

07961231645

Web:

 <http://www.qinetiq.com> www.QinetiQ.com

QinetiQ - The Global Defence and Security Experts

The information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for the intended
recipient(s).  The information in this communication may be confidential
and/or legally privileged.  Nothing in this e-mail is intended to
conclude a contract on behalf of QinetiQ or make QinetiQ subject to any
other legally binding commitments, unless the e-mail contains an express
statement to the contrary or incorporates a formal Purchase Order.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored
and recorded for business purposes including security, audit and
archival purposes.  Any response to this email indicates consent to
this.

Telephone calls to QinetiQ may be monitored or recorded for quality
control, security and other business purposes.