Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Stefan Fr�hlich <St...@Froehlich.Priv.at> on 2001/03/05 00:35:58 UTC

general/7357: URLs containing invalid paths in combination with .. are served

>Number:         7357
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       URLs containing invalid paths in combination with .. are served
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
For example: the URL
http://www.weltenhaus.net/diverse/moerder/../BER204.JPG
provides a perfect result even though the path "moerder" is not
existant at the server. Doing this, people can a) severely skew
my statistics by introducing arbitrary keywords and b) publish
URLs on my server which sound clearly misleading.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.weltenhaus.net/diverse/moerder/../BER204.JPG
>Fix:
Check the complete path for existance instead of taking the shortcut and
reducing it with the given instances of ".."
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]