Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Bernd Speckmann <bs...@hotmail.com> on 2016/01/15 09:34:25 UTC

Olingo Post foreign key attribute problem

Hi all,I've followed the tutorial posted here: http://scn.sap.com/community/gateway/blog/2014/02/05/odata-producer-using-apache-olingo-with-mysql-jpa-tomcat-web-serverInstead of olingo 1.0.0 I'm using the current v2. Everything seems to be ok.But now I have one problem: I want to create a new entity object which has one foreign key (relationship). This is not working.I have the following code:...//bi-directional many-to-one association to EvtOrt@ManyToOne@JoinColumn(name="FK_ORT")private EvtOrt evtOrt;...When I call the URL http://localhost:8080/event2/event2.svc/EvtEvents with this body in POST message (using Postman in chrome) it always inserts NULL instead of value 1:{  "d": {    "Anzplaetze": 3,    "Beschreibung": "Dies ist eine Testveranstaltung. In ihr geht es um Tests...",    "Bild": null,    "DatumBis": null,    "DatumVon": null,    "Eventid": 2,    "EvtOrt": 1,    "Name": "Testveranstaltung3",    "Verfplaetze": 0  }}Anybody can help me with this issue?Thanks ahead

RE: Olingo Post foreign key attribute problem

Posted by "V.A, Chandan" <ch...@sap.com>.
Hello Bernd,
Following is an example where ToEvtOrts is a navigation property defined in entity EvtEvents.

With the below example an entity of type EvtEvents is created and linked with EvtOrts.

{
"__metadata": { "uri": "EvtEvents(123)" },

"ToEvtOrts": { "__metadata": {"uri": "EvtOrts(1)"}
}

Thanks
Kind Regards
Chandan

From: chandan.v.a@sap.com<ma...@sap.com>
To: user@olingo.apache.org<ma...@olingo.apache.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 11:18:53 +0000
Hello Bernd,
To link two entities you need to use Inline Links in case parent entity already exisits (refer section 2.4 in http://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-2-0/operations/) or deep insert in case if both the entities don't exist.

Passing values to Foreign keys in entity body is not supported by OData JPA processor.

Thanks
Kind Regards
Chandan

Posted by Bernd Speckmann <bs...@hotmail.com>.