Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by James Sirota <js...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 17:34:58 UTC

[VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2 incubating

Full list of changes in this release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.1BETA-RC2-incubating/CHANGES

The tag/commit to be voted upon is Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-metron.git;a=commit;h=3e278cdc2c60d6d193d53157512c68b2a3ed58de

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.1BETA-RC2-incubating/apache-metron-0.2.1BETA-RC2-incubating.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/metron/0.2.1BETA-RC2-incubating/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-metron.git;a=blob;f=KEYS;h=c11bcb9b7385b4d155501aa097afd890f1070a18;hb=3e278cdc2c60d6d193d53157512c68b2a3ed58de

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2 incubating

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.
Recommended build validation and verification instructions are posted here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Verifying+Builds

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Metron 0.2.0BETA-RC2 incubating
[ ]  0 No opinion

-------------------
Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
jsirota AT apache DOT org

-------------------�

Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
+1 binding

   - Checksums and sigs look good
   - Packages were built correctly
   - Unit and integration tests pass
   - Deployed Quick-Dev and validated end-to-end data flow with Bro/Snort

Only problem was that MySQL was not started or had been killed because of
memory constraints.  Once I manually started MySQL, data started flowing
from end-to-end.  Not a deal breaker.

--
Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>

Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding). ran it up in AWS

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron 0.2.1BETA-RC2

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
The vote has now beed advanced to the incubator general board.

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.