Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/21 02:14:56 UTC

Possible bayes database problem

Hi,

We received about a thousand messages today that passed greylisting
and were then quarantined due to razor, an RBL, and a few other rules.
However, it also hit bayes00, and just wondered if someone could help
me determine if it should have been classified as bayes00 (and
therefore perhaps should not have been quarantined as legitimate mail)
or it actually deserves to have been quarantined.

If it deserves to be quarantined, does this then mean there is a
problem with my bayes database, or is it okay to ignore it as an
exception?

    DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, EXCUSE_24=2.799, HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_04=0.556,
    HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100=0.8,
    RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100=2.1, RAZOR2_CHECK=0.8,
    RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT=1.449, RELAYCOUNTRY_US=0.01,
    REMOVE_BEFORE_LINK=1.8, RP_MATCHES_RCVD=-0.001, SAGREY=0.01,
    SPF_PASS=-0.001, T_DKIM_INVALID=0.01] autolearn=no

I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look:

http://pastebin.com/CiQ5zC1D

Should I just re-learn them as spam or leave them alone?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Possible bayes database problem

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> We received about a thousand messages today that passed greylisting
>> and were then quarantined due to razor, an RBL, and a few other rules.
>> However, it also hit bayes00, and just wondered if someone could help
>> me determine if it should have been classified as bayes00 (and
>> therefore perhaps should not have been quarantined as legitimate mail)
>> or it actually deserves to have been quarantined.
>
> If it were an opt-in email selling marketing services to hotels,
> it seems unlikely that it would have a Subject header that refers to car
> insurance.
>
>> If it deserves to be quarantined, does this then mean there is a
>> problem with my bayes database, or is it okay to ignore it as an
>> exception?
>> Should I just re-learn them as spam or leave them alone?
>
> Spammers sometimes get lucky with BAYES_00, just retrain.

Thanks so much for your help. That makes sense after seeing it, of course.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.