Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2017/06/01 13:43:33 UTC

Re: Ivy documentation with asciidoc

On 2017-06-01, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

>>> Le 31 mai 2017 à 19:47, Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>
>> a écrit :

>> Also, external links must be pruned and/or directed to Internet Archive
>>> -(
>>> The tutorial of yEd must be revised, version 3 has many more controls. I
>>> converted the odg diagrams to svg, and started looking at Ivy report/yEd
>>> screenshots. The original Ivy logo is unfortunately too low resolution
>> for
>>> simple tracing :-( Is this all there is?

>> The only version of the logo we have is in the svn.

> That's a pity.

> A couple of related questions: Apache Incubator has changed the logo,
> should the new logo from their press release kit be used in documentation
> instead?

Does the Ivy doc include the Incubator logo anywhere? If so, we may want
to update it. But it can surely only be in a historical context, so
keeping the old logo would probably be fine.

> Next, there is an "Apache Ant Group" logo that looks like the regular
> ASF feather <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ASF-logo.svg>
> mirrored horisontally with the text on top of it. Is that an official
> logo?

It is. We know the ASF logo has changed in the mean time and yes, in a
way we are expected to adjust to the new logo. Nobody is going to do
that for us, each project is responsible for their own stuff.

Stefan

Re: Ivy documentation with asciidoc

Posted by Gintautas Grigelionis <g....@gmail.com>.

> >> a écrit :
>

> >> Also, external links must be pruned and/or directed to Internet Archive
> report/yEd
> >> for
>
> >> The only version of the logo we have is in the svn.
>

> > That's a pity.
>
> > A couple of related questions: Apache Incubator has changed the logo,
> > should the new logo from their press release kit be used in documentation
> > instead?
>
> Does the Ivy doc include the Incubator logo anywhere? If so, we may want
> to update it. But it can surely only be in a historical context, so
> keeping the old logo would probably be fine.

If there are no guidelines, fine. But ASF seems to have put quite an effort
in a press release kit...

> > Next, there is an "Apache Ant Group" logo that looks like the regular
> > ASF feather <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ASF-logo.svg>
> > mirrored horisontally with the text on top of it. Is that an official
> > logo?
>
> It is. We know the ASF logo has changed in the mean time and yes, in a
> way we are expected to adjust to the new logo. Nobody is going to do
> that for us, each project is responsible for their own stuff.

If that's fine with the project (group :-), I'll try to make an SVG version
of the logo.

Gintas