Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Yasseen, Omar" <Om...@eu.anritsu.com> on 2005/08/11 11:14:51 UTC

Building Applet Jars

Hi All,

This is my first question:

Currently my team use JBuilder as the Java IDE, and JBuilder is used in
our build process. I'm trying to help the team break away from the
dependency on JBuilder for obvious reasons. But JBuilder has a really
cool utility that helps build applet jar files and include (in the Jar
file) only those classes that are required from other third party jars.
This helps in keeping the applet jar as small as possible and only
include what's needed in the final applet jar.

Example:
The applet code (AppletSource) has a dependency on JarA and JarB, so
instead of jaring all these together creating one large jar applet file,
a single jar file is created that includes the AppletSource plus only
required class from JarA and JarB.

The question is: is there an Ant task or an Ant extension that does that
same thing (which is to create a single applet jar and include only the
required classes from third party jars nothing more and nothing less).

I hope there is something out their that does this.

Than you for your help.
Omar

This email message, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s).  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by email immediately, then delete the
message and any copies.  Any views or opinions presented herein are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Anritsu
group of companies.
Discover What's Possible - www.eu.anritsu.com