Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Balamurugan Rajendran <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 08:35:02 UTC

Regarding IndexedTable.getIndexedScanner

Dear

Is it possible to get a Scanner which scans the record in descending order
of a column value using IndexedTable.

Thanks & Regards
R.Bala

Re: Regarding IndexedTable.getIndexedScanner

Posted by Balamurugan Rajendran <ba...@gmail.com>.
Dear Ryan

Thanks for your quick reply. I agree scanner has only next and not prev.

My actual requirement is to fetch the latest N [N = 1000] records, where the
table is indexed with a column which has the the time [long value] at which
the row is created.

Is there any other way to fetch like this.

Thanks & Regards
R.Bala

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.