Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rodger <et...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/15 11:51:30 UTC

Migration from Tomcat to Geronimo

I'm summarizing all the modifyings when migrating from tomcat to geronimo.
As I know, there are:
1. datasource configuration in context.xml vs in geronimo-web.xml
2. security realm configuration
3. Ports configuration in server.xml vs in config.xml
4. some other configurations which can be configed in
<geronimo_home>/var/catalina/conf/web.xml,such as jsp reloading, persist jsp
compilation

Any other difference, pls reply.
--
Best Regards,
Rodger.

Re: Migration from Tomcat to Geronimo

Posted by Rodger <et...@gmail.com>.
Thank you , Shawn. Yes, I have read this doc. Actually, I want to write a
test scenario about this migration. Maybe it's not easy to find a sample
with all these diffs.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Have you ever look at this Doc before ?
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Best+Practices+Tomcat+to+Geronimo+Migration