Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by gm...@dc2600.com on 1999/08/26 01:34:12 UTC

os-windows/4907: Acts like it installs fine. Will not run.

>Number:         4907
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Acts like it installs fine.  Will not run.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
After install, when trying to run from Start menu, a warning window opens asking for ws2_32.dll.  I did have that in another directory, copied it to the Apache directory.
On restart attempt, asks for ws2help.dll.  Copied that to Apache directory too.  When I tried to run Apache again, DOS window opens and shuts down quickly.

I already had 1.3.6, was installing 1.3.9 to replace, old .config was not changed.  Running 1.3.6 just fine now after uninstalling 1.3.9 and deleting .default files.

Thanks for all of your work to date, can't wait to see the next one!

GMontag
>How-To-Repeat:
Not sure, was running it local on my laptop to test XSSI before uploading to host.  Host is using an older version.
>Fix:
One thing would be to search for .dll files already in the users machine.  Both .dll's that Apache said it needed were in one of my other directories.

Not sure about fixing the rest.  If it requires changes to the httpd.conf file then add a warniing.  I thought from instructions that my 1.3.6 httpd.conf could still be used unmodified.

Thanks folks!
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]