Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/10/21 15:45:32 UTC

Modules and libs

Hi all,

today I was creating a module that needed additional libs. So I just
created a dir lib/ in my module root and thought the libs will be copied
to WEB-INF/lib/ but no.

I would like to propose to change the build process of modules that they
can provide custom libs. Otherwise we will need to patch core lenya for
that which is IMO bad.

WDYT?
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Modules and libs

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 21-10-2005 a las 11:17 -0400, Doug Chestnut escribió:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > today I was creating a module that needed additional libs. So I just
> > created a dir lib/ in my module root and thought the libs will be copied
> > to WEB-INF/lib/ but no.
> >
> > I would like to propose to change the build process of modules that they
> > can provide custom libs. Otherwise we will need to patch core lenya for
> > that which is IMO bad.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> The more pluggable modules are the better.  I would think that the ideal
> way of installing a new module would be as easy as dropping it into the
> modules directory, build clean, build, lenya servlet.

+1

In an ideal world the module design should follow "real-blocks" design
then in OSGI you do not have to re-build at all.

salu2

Re: Modules and libs

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: Modules and libs

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 24-10-2005 a las 10:23 +0200, Andreas Hartmann escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > today I was creating a module that needed additional libs. So I just
> > created a dir lib/ in my module root
>
> Please use <module>/java/lib/, it should actually work.

Okay, I will try thx.

salu2

Re: Modules and libs

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.