Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Carl Pelletier <ca...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/05/31 19:57:53 UTC

HTML editor for tapestry

Hi everyone, I looking for a HTML editor component. Someone can point me on where I can find that information ? I search on google and found that somebody have port FCK Editor to Tapestry, but The link doesnt work anymore.

Thanks for any help !

Carl Pelletier

Re: HTML editor for tapestry

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@compulsivecreative.com>.
The best documentaiton on the dojo editor that I have found appears to be:

http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/rich_text.html

which you can find by clicking on a rather obscure link 3 levels down
from the top page in the 'Manual' somewhere.

My biggest gripe with dojo at the moment is that they spend rather more
time telling you how great it is than actually telling you how it works...
I resorted to down loading and reading the source - but then, that's
what open-source is all about! :-)

I have successfully but rather clumsily tested it within a tapestry app.

Regards

Alan Chaney

Re: HTML editor for tapestry

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think tacos also has an editor component that is based on the dojo Editor,
which is used in the wiki system at http://jot.com.

There doesn't appear to be a current published documentation set for this
component on the tacos website but I know it's in there. (Sorry, I'm not
working on tacos as much these days - Andreas Andreau is the lead dev on
that project now. Will come back to tacos when 4.1 is done :) )

http://tacos.sourceforge.net
On 5/31/06, Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are a couple  (FCKEditor and JSEditor) in tassle
>

> http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app
>
> Both of them have online demos at the following
> respectively.
>
> http://www.hannebauer.org/jseditordemo/
> http://lombok.demon.co.uk/tapestry4Demo/app
>

> Shing
>

> --- Carl Pelletier <ca...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone, I looking for a HTML editor component.
> > Someone can point me on where I can find that
> > information ? I search on google and found that
> > somebody have port FCK Editor to Tapestry, but The
> > link doesnt work anymore.
> >
> > Thanks for any help !
> >
> > Carl Pelletier
> >

> Home page :
>   http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/index.html

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

Re: HTML editor for tapestry

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
It is worth pointing out that neither of these works in Safari, the
default browser on the Mac. FCK blames Safari:

     http://www.fckeditor.net/safari.html

...but the bottom line is, it's probably not a good idea to use these
for a public site.

Of course, if you're doing an internal app, it may not matter.

Re: HTML editor for tapestry

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.