Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Göttlich <gu...@googlemail.com> on 2009/10/29 18:20:15 UTC

Semi-automated application.xml generation

Hi,

Is there a possibility to semi-automate application.xml generation?

What I specifically want to do is this:

Currently I use the maven ear plugin to create the application.xml.
However, I need to register a module that should not be processed otherwise.
This means, the only thing that should happen is that the application.xml
contains a module description for that module.
No files should be copied around and the module should not be contained in
the ear (don't ask why).

On the other hand, I don't want to create the complete application.xml
manually.

So I see two options:

1. let the maven ear plugin generate the application.xml but add the module
definition in another way (maybe using filtering)
2. create a skeleton application.xml and add the other modules during the
process-resources phase (filtering?)

Is this possible? Or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Re: Semi-automated application.xml generation

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
no it's no possible for the moment. You may want to add an improvement in
Jira with what you think to be an ideal solution.

Thanks,
Stéphane

--
Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge