Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Michael Mason <mg...@decisionsoft.com> on 2000/02/01 11:33:34 UTC

Re: iconv

roddey@us.ibm.com wrote:

> The 3.1.0/1.1.0 version should be out in a couple weeks, because we are
> committed to some folks to get a 3.1.x reference release to some folks.
> This is not a legal committment from us that we will do it within that time
> frame, but that is currently our plan. We are currently in the 'tying up
> loose ends' phase, getting things ready for the new release.

I don't mean to hassle you guys overly, but how's progress on the 1.1.0
version going? I'd like to be able to read ISO-8859-1, but the 1.0.1
precompiled Win32 Xerces-C doesn't seem to be able to do it. Currently
I'm getting

Fatal Error at (file file:///M:/tmp/perl-news-short.rdf, line 1, char
44): An exception occured! Type:RuntimeException, Message:Could not
create a converter for encoding: ISO-8859-1

Cheers,
Mike.

--
Mike Mason, Software Engineer
XML Script Development Team                    Office: 44-1865-203192