Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by donf yang <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/20 05:07:54 UTC

Any one using extension-point and extend ?

And when we need it ?

Donf Yang
To be surprised,to wonder,is to begin to understand.

Re: Any one using extension-point and extend ?

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@googlemail.com>.
We are using it, because the Layouters and HTML people delivered a site
wide page layout with two templates that only differed in one very small
area. So using this extension point mechanism seems very natural for
this kind of problem.

Without it, we would have ended up with two different border components
or a solution with blocks and a delegate. Using an extension point seems
cleaner to me.

Andy

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.