Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2009/08/18 01:17:47 UTC

Hello. New user here!

   Hello, I'm a student as engineer and I have to make an application web with Tapestry. It's a wonderful framework, but I'm finding many problems which I spend too many time to solve and I've got very few time, so I decided to suscribe to this mail-list.

   My current problem now is finding a way to catch and handle an event from a Select component. I've read on google about something called "mixings" but don't know/understand about it.
   I tried with something like:

.tml file:
<t:select t:id="incidSearchType" t:validate="required">

.java file:
@OnEvent(component="incidSearchType")
void onActionFromIncidSearchType() {  /*Some code here*/ }

   Is there an easy way with @OnEvent or with naming convention to do it or do i have to use mixings? I would appreciate some sample code, please. I have read half the book that Kolesnikov wrote about tapestry5 and I couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?

   Please, help me. I would aprecciate very much. Thanks for your attention and sorry about my english and my newbie question

Thanks very much.

Entérate de todas las noticias al instante ¡Suscríbete al servicio de Alertas MSN!
http://especiales.es.msn.com/noticias/msninforma.aspx

Re: Hello. New user here!

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:19:43 -0300, Martin Torre Castro
<ma...@hotmail.com> escreveu:

> I have find an alternative solution for my problem, but I'd like to
> thank Kalle, Joshua and Thiago for the help. I'm interested in Tapestry
> and events and I will look for information about mixings and the
> Chenille Kit in the future. Thank you very much.

You're welcome!
Just a little nitpick: it's mixins, not mixings. ;) Their use and
implementation in Tapestry are described in
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/mixins.html. In a broader
sense, you can read about mixins in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixin.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

RE: Hello. New user here!

Posted by Martin Torre Castro <ma...@hotmail.com>.
I have find an alternative solution for my problem, but I'd like to thank Kalle, Joshua and Thiago for the help. I'm interested in Tapestry and events and I will look for information about mixings and the Chenille Kit in the future. Thank you very much.

> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:24:45 -0700
> Subject: Re: Hello. New user here!
> From: kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com
> To: users@tapestry.apache.org
>
> Better than exclude - re-declare the tapestry version in your own
> application pom so Maven's "nearest" version resolution can work
> properly (that way you don't have to exclude them for each dependency
> that declares a specific version of Tapestry).
>
> Kalle
>

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Thiago H. de Paula
> Figueiredo<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Em Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:11:09 -0300, Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>
> > escreveu:
> >
> >> I never figured it out - although I believe that the Chenille Kit
> >> handles this nicely. The problem was that Chenille Kit isn't
> >> compatible with T5.1 and I need 5.1 - note here that the upcoming
> >> version of CK will support T5.1
> >
> > It is compatible. If you're using Maven, make sure you exclude Tapestry from
> > ChenilleKit's transitive dependencies
> >
> > You can also look at some examples posted in Inge Solvoll's blog:
> > http://tinybits.blogspot.com/.
> >
> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Independent Java consultant, developer, and instructor
> > http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Internet Explorer 8 más sencillo y seguro ¡Descárgatelo gratis!
http://events.es.msn.com/noticias/internet-explorer-8/

Re: Hello. New user here!

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hello. New user here!

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hello. New user here!

Posted by Joshua Martin <jo...@gmail.com>.
I had the same problem with catching an event from a Select. I was
trying to update a Zone according to a selection in a Select.

I never figured it out - although I believe that the Chenille Kit
handles this nicely. The problem was that Chenille Kit isn't
compatible with T5.1 and I need 5.1 - note here that the upcoming
version of CK will support T5.1

Here's what I did to solve my dilemma - albeit a more "backwards" way
of doing things: I use a button on the page with the Select to get the
Select's value and then redirect to a page, passing the value along.
Let me know if you need the code to get the Select's value.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Martin Torre Castro<ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>   Hello, I'm a student as engineer and I have to make an application web with Tapestry. It's a wonderful framework, but I'm finding many problems which I spend too many time to solve and I've got very few time, so I decided to suscribe to this mail-list.
>
>   My current problem now is finding a way to catch and handle an event from a Select component. I've read on google about something called "mixings" but don't know/understand about it.
>   I tried with something like:
>

> .tml file:
> <t:select t:id="incidSearchType" t:validate="required">
>

> .java file:
> @OnEvent(component="incidSearchType")
> void onActionFromIncidSearchType() {  /*Some code here*/ }
>

>   Is there an easy way with @OnEvent or with naming convention to do it or do i have to use mixings? I would appreciate some sample code, please. I have read half the book that Kolesnikov wrote about tapestry5 and I couldn't find anything. Am I missing something?
>

>   Please, help me. I would aprecciate very much. Thanks for your attention and sorry about my english and my newbie question
>
> Thanks very much.

> Entérate de todas las noticias al instante ¡Suscríbete al servicio de Alertas MSN!
> http://especiales.es.msn.com/noticias/msninforma.aspx

--
_________________________________

Joshua S. Martin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney client or other legal privileges, and or
proprietary non public information. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
reproduction of this message and or any of its attachments (if any) by
unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.