Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com> on 2007/03/01 05:20:45 UTC

3.3RC2 Maven2 Plugin usage

I'm having difficulty getting the latest plugin to work.  Is there some
way to tell the plugin to generate the non-base classes into
src/main/java or is maven supposed to compile the generated-java
directory for us?  If I add <outputDir> to configuration, then the
plugin fails since the report locations are incorrect.  Below is my
current plugin config, maybe I have something wrong?

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.apache.db.torque</groupId>
         <artifactId>torque-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>3.3-RC2</version>

         <configuration>
           <targetDatabase>sybase</targetDatabase>
           <targetPackage>our.package</targetPackage>
         </configuration>

         <executions>
           <execution>
             <goals>
               <phase>install</phase>
               <goal>sql</goal>
               <goal>om</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>

       </plugin>

3.3RC2 and Turbine issues ( was Re: 3.3RC2 Maven2 Plugin usage )

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
Scott,

Yes we had the exact problem and I had wanted to hit the list with it
but hadn't found the the time this week.  We got the plugin working in
our torque project, which ultimately is used/integrated with a Turbine
webapp.  I quickly sent the email out about the plugin working, but
didn't check that the 3.3-RC2 dep was working correctly with the Turbine
webapp side.  ( we are using Turbine 2.3.2 as well ).

We checked the release changes for 3.3RC1 -> 3.3RC2 and it was something
inbetween there, work on the avalon component and database map.  We've
had to roll back to RC1 for the time being.

So while I can confirm there is an issue with Turbine & 3.3-RC2, I don't
quite know how to solve it.  I saw a few jira issues this week about the
Avalon torque component in RC2 that may be related.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jeffrey D. Brekke wrote:
> [...]

dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory -
setSimpleProperty(org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@1d47f59,
maxActive, 10)
dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory -
setSimpleProperty(org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@1d47f59,
testOnBorrow, true)
dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory -
setSimpleProperty(org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource@1d47f59,
validationQuery, SELECT 1)
avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentService - Lookup for Component
org.apache.torque.avalon.Torque successful
avalon - ComponentFactory decommissioning instance of
org.apache.torque.avalon.TorqueComponent.
avalon - dispose()

Did you happen to experience something similar or do you have any advice
as to where I might look for a solution to this problem.

TIA,

Scott

Re: 3.3RC2 Maven2 Plugin usage

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
Thanks Thomas, that answers our questions.  We've converted our project

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.