Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Josh Carlson <jc...@e-dialog.com> on 2010/03/16 18:14:02 UTC

prefetch=0 does not work with Stomp client?

I am using a Stomp client with ActiveMQ 5.3.0. I have some slow
consumers and find that they wind up locking up messages in the dispatch
queue even when are other consumers available to consume the messages. I
believe prefetch is the cause of this problem.

What I would like to do is set prefetch=0 so that messages only get
dispatched when we actually ask for them by reading on the socket
connection. However, setting prefetch=0 results in no messages being
dispatched at all.

Is prefetch=0 suppose to work with STOMP? Are there any additional
server side settings required to make it work?

Thanks

-Josh

Re: prefetch=0 does not work with Stomp client?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Josh,

prefetch size 0 will not work with Stomp as you have to pull messages with
your consumer, and that something that Stomp protocol can't do. I'd
recommend using prefetch size 1 for your use case.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net